I don’t know how it’s possible to be so excited about a laundry room but mine is amazing. It now doubles as a game room and a mini bar. It can not get any better and the color makes my heart happy. Now if I could just get someone to fill up that wine rack I’d be great. Hope you love it too
Let’s just be serious, 2020 has been a shit show. It has brought to light a lot of interesting things.
- I tell my dog at least 150 times a day how much I love her
- This got me to thinking, I don’t even tell my husband I love him this much
- I think this is because he would not appreciate me saying; “I love you fat piggy” and rubbing his belly
- Since working from home for 7 months, most days I look like a 10-year-old boy
- My hair is super short and a baseball cap is my daily attire
- I do not put on any makeup
- Friday’s have become my day to get up and get dressed in something other than jammies or workout gear, I put on makeup and even lashes just so my husband knows he lives with a Woman
- The last 4 years in the United States have been ridiculous at best
- This is not based upon the political climate so don’t come at me sideways
- People have been given the go ahead to be openly racist
- I have never in my life seen such back-wood ignorance openly on public display
- I guess the positive of this is we now know for sure who is racist
- The orange man who lives in Washington DC has encouraged this behavior (fact)
- I now more than ever am inspired to be part of the change
- Equality, accountability, access to serves, equal pay, criminal justice reform, care, dignity, compassion and in general humanity for others
- Innocent people or color are being killed with zero accountability
- I never thought in my lifetime I would see what my parents told me was allowed to occur in the 60’s but here it is in full color
- murder is murder no matter who committed the crime, police qualified immunity must be removed, prosecute
- Covid (and the response to it), needless deaths
- Had this been taken seriously by the leadership of this country this would have been under control by now
- The lack of empathy and care for others
- I have become much more patient and understand that none of us know another person’s journey so don’t judge what you aren’t living
- The deterioration of a moral compass
- My mom from a young age taught me to be honest and treat others as I would want to be treated, easy
- Smoking weed has increased by 9000 % I’m sure
- In the state I live in THC is legal and the dispensaries are packed
- If you have to stay home, I guess why not be high?
- I do not smoke weed but more power to my stoner friends and family
- There are certainly proven medicinal benefits to THC
- So spark up that blunt and have a great time but know that you reek
My issue is the smell, my sniffer is super sensitive and I can smell weed at 500 paces (can you say skunk)
- Let’s be clear, This smell is not a pheromone
- I prefer to smell like Flower Bomb and YSL
- Thank God we are not alive during Prohibition
- My budget for gas in the car has all but been eliminated
- The budget for alcohol has increased by 100%
I took the batteries out of the clock because at this point is always 5 o’clock
Holy Menopause Weight Gain
- My hormones have no idea what is going on
- My waistline is not cute at this point
- When you can’t button your pants, this is a problem
- Hello work out pants
- I joined weight watchers and am down 9.6 lbs as of today
- Ugh side note alcohol is not helping with this situation
I took some before pictures, oh hell NO
If you follow me, you are aware that I started weight watchers last week. Well guess what? I am down 5.2 pounds. My weigh in days are Monday and it was killing me to not want to jump on the scale everyday, but this morning I was super happy. I know they say the first 10 pounds are just water weight but let me tell you my not so good friend menopause was not allowing even that to happen.
I tracked all my food religiously and the ability to scan the labels in the store to see how many points items are is fantastic. I made another one of the recipes, I needed something sweet so I picked a banana bread. Three ingredients, 3 ripe banana’s, a can of pumpkin and a spice cake mix. bake for 55 minutes. Let me ask why the hell can’t I find a spice cake mix? I have searched all over the world and they are no where to be found so I substituted a carrot cake with the other ingredients and added some pumpkin pie spice. My husband even ate it. If he eats anything low cal and likes it I know it is good. 3.5 points is the best part for each slice and we had 12 total. I also had Papa Murphy’s pizza last week 2 days in a row, yes only one slice but that was enough to make me feel like I was cheating.
Will give you and update next week. Next recipe, chicken, lemongrass noodle soup. yum
I have decided this week to try weight watchers. Why you ask, well this menopause crap has me 20 lbs heavier than normal and I feel like a sausage. I chose this program because you are allowed to eat anything as long as it falls within your point total and for me this is very important. If you eliminate the things you love the process is not sustainable, why bother. So here’s to my weight loss journey. I have to say the 1st few days following the program has been pretty easy. I get a total of 16 points. I tried the Tandoori cauliflower soup on day one and it had great flavor but I learned that I have to regulate my cauliflower intake, holy belly ache. I also tried the zero point banana pancakes, flavor again good but take my advise and microwave the banana and the 2 eggs, it is better as a souffle. The WW app has come ALONG WAY, you literally can scan the label on anything and it gives you the points for that item, I LOVE this.. I am also very aware of what I am putting in my mouth which I needed. Stay tuned….
During quarantine I decided to learn something new. I decided on body butter because I swear I spend a million dollars to stay soft. The first fragrances my friends bought and I was sold out in a week. I have soft, thick (those heals and elbows) and they all smell great great. The best thing is they are organic and all natural, no weird ingredients and a whole lotta love. They can be used on both hair and body. I hope you love them
All items can be found on my Etsy store using the link provided. Happy Shopping
You all know I have no problem talking about my beauty improvements. This month I took the plunge and during my botox appointment also had my girl do some lip filler.
My husband was like no I love your lips, ugh ok but you don’t have to draw them on everyday to make them look full.
We did some Juviderm and this involves getting numbed up and using a very small needle to put product into the thin areas. Holy hairdo, the actual lip area was easy but when she did the lip outline my eyes watered and man do you feel it. I’m ok with this but you wimpy girls think twice sister.
Today I am swollen and look like big birds sister but by Monday the swelling will have gone way down and will be great. Yes you swell and ice is your friend. My husband and I have jokes galore and have fun making up stories as to why my lips are HUGE.
I spend like a million dollars on lotions, butters, and potions (ok maybe 1/2 a million). While I have been working remote during the pandemic, I decided that I needed to learn how to make my own organic, natural body butters and looky here, I now have my own line of products. Currently I have 3 (let’s call them flavors), prickly pear, lemon pound cake, and regular pound cake. Made with 100% pure shea butter, organic coconut and essential oils. The pound cake is dense and great for trouble areas like heals and elbows. Prickly Pear and Lemon Pound Cake are soft and whipped goodness. They can be used on body and your hair. A little goes along way and after using your skin will be soft as a babies bottom.
Each month, I will introduce a new flavor. Next to come are Lavender and Clary Sage. The Sage is fantastic and I can’t wait for the batch to be ready. If your interested shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ok so I am a super extrovert and have been working at home for well over a month. I like the remote work, we pulled out the RV as an extra office space and the dog LOVES I’m home but the boredom has set in. My hair was yellow blond and as a cosmetologist I can fix any color, so today after work was color day. I picked up curb side light brown from the beauty supply and slapped it on. Like it
But to make things fun, I also do just random stuff. Tonight was a head wrap and house slippers. I know silly but my husband and I have our 30 year anniversary next week and I wanted to make him laugh at how cute I am, so enjoy
What is the hardest part of quarantine? I am going to tell you my weekend trips to the wheel are what I miss most. The wheel huh? The Goodwill, I have called it the wheel since my boys were little because as I see it when you are playing the wheel of fortune you never know what you will win, well the Goodwill is the same and I am having withdrawals. I may need treatment soon.
The last week before home confinement I bought a chair for my patio that is worth 1200 for $5 bucks, yep it’s beautiful.
Let’s talk about me and my fabulous husband working from home. He has his two big monitors in the office/ laundry and I work in either the kitchen or our RV. Today he was a complete asshat, I ask if he wanted lunch and he pointed to his headphones to not bother him, conference call, ugh ok starve. All day he was like don’t do this, be quiet, blah blah. Long story I let him know I will not talk to you tonight, when you wake up tomorrow recognize I am that girl, appreciate.
I love my husband but don’t get it twisted after 30 years I expect a certain type of treatment and he shows up, just needs reminded every once in a while. This morning my coffee ☕️ was ready when I woke up. Love you to the moon n back Rob.
Lip blushing is lip tattooing. For me it was easy, a little numbing cream and hours later i have fabulous color. Truth, most people can not sit for over an hour so if your pain tolerance is low forget about it, you will be crying and not be able to handle. Here are my before and afters
Let’s be serious and honest, as you age the full fantastic lips you had at 20 begin to get thin. It sucks and you can continue to draw them on but at 53 (this year)I decided it was time to get these beauties back. You all know I love cosmetics and am all in on having procedures to enhance my appearance. I went and had lip blushing done, this process puts permanent color into your lips so no lipstick required if you choose. I love full blown color so it is Infrequent that I don’t have on lipstick. Gym days great, and I would certainly do it again.
I loved how my lips looked swollen after the tattooing and my bff who works in plastics has been trying to get me for years to get filler. I finally took the plunge. Procedure is pretty easy, you are numb but you will still feel the needle pokes. Honest, if you can’t deal with some major swelling and discomfort don’t do it. I am good with a few days of downtime but you will feel like you have been punched in the face and ice 🧊 is your best friend. Here are the before, after injections and hours later