We recently traveled to my son and his girlfriends house for the holidays. She had this fancy Nespresso Machine and a massive amount of flavors and sizes of pods to pick from. I tasted espresso, medium size and large cups of java. Let me say this little machine and the pods were fantastic. Now I do not know how expensive the machine or pods are but they do provide free recycle for the pods which is great. I would love for them to send me a machine to try (probably low probability of that happening) but I certainly did love the coffee on my week long visit.
I believe that when you are wrong you need to own up to it, so here goes. I have always said that those little electric self propelled disk vacuums were for lazy people. This was based mostly on my love of vacuuming. Yes I love to vacuum, I know it’s a sickness
My youngest son received a Roomba for Christmas last year. He has beautiful dark floors in his house that are impossible to keep clean. Drop a crumb and you see it, which of course would make me crazy. This little device (Roo) starts at the same time each morning and I was amazed at what that little thing picked up. This does not replace deep cleaning. (my opinion because I love to vacuum)
Of course being the saver that I am, I went directly to facebook marketplace to see what kind of deal I could find. $250 is not a lot of money but I will save as I am the thrift queen. I scored a pet model, maker is BOB Sweep, no I am not being paid to promote them but I wish they would send me some free stuff, as this little sweeper is AMAZING… It has a remote control, multiple settings, it’s own charging station, and a mop function. Who knew
We named our guy Obi Wan Vacobi. Obi goes all over the house every morning and picks up the hair from our 2 little dogs. The first time I emptied the container, I almost passed out. Ugh, who knew that so much stuff collected everyday. I still vacuum like a maniac but just knowing that Obi continually gets the small stuff is great.
I was wrong go get one, look on a re sale site first, ha
I had always heard that once you turn 50 or atleast get close to it that the metabolism changes. Well holy hairdo, does it. The hormones changes at 53 (soon to be 54) has brought my metabolism to a screeching halt.
I have had to say hello to a belly that is not cute, can you say bloat. Now in fairness to my body, I do love wine and it is not a friend of hormone menopause belly. I have thought about cutting out my wine for 30 days but then ask myself “will I want to do this longterm”? ugh NO, I am an owner in a winery, so this is out (Willamette Valley) winery if you are interested. What are other options:
- walk everyday- already doing this, when it is nice outside I do atleast 3 miles a day and if it’s rainy the treadmill at the gym is my backup
- eat less- I can do this and just need to get inspired to do so
- lift weights- I like to lift, but sometimes making it to the gym does not happen, I have purchased weights for home so now I have no excuses
Last and what this post is all about is a jump rope challenge. I saw this video on TicToc and the girl was doing 1000 jumps per day using a digital jump rope. I went out to Amazon and bought the least expensive cute pink electronic jump rope I could find and have decided to commit to 30 days of doing 1000 jumps per day.
This morning was day 1, I did the first 100 and thought I was going to die, and mind you I walk everyday. This means nothing, jumping rope is different. I completed the first 500 and will do the next 500 on my lunch hour. I will be posting updates to my blog and TicToc (@ssgreenbean) if you want to see my progress. Come on all you over 50 folks, let’s get fit together or just have fun trying something new, either way it’s a win win..
I don’t know how it’s possible to be so excited about a laundry room but mine is amazing. It now doubles as a game room and a mini bar. It can not get any better and the color makes my heart happy. Now if I could just get someone to fill up that wine rack I’d be great. Hope you love it too
Let’s just be serious, 2020 has been a shit show. It has brought to light a lot of interesting things.
- I tell my dog at least 150 times a day how much I love her
- This got me to thinking, I don’t even tell my husband I love him this much
- I think this is because he would not appreciate me saying; “I love you fat piggy” and rubbing his belly
- Since working from home for 7 months, most days I look like a 10-year-old boy
- My hair is super short and a baseball cap is my daily attire
- I do not put on any makeup
- Friday’s have become my day to get up and get dressed in something other than jammies or workout gear, I put on makeup and even lashes just so my husband knows he lives with a Woman
- The last 4 years in the United States have been ridiculous at best
- This is not based upon the political climate so don’t come at me sideways
- People have been given the go ahead to be openly racist
- I have never in my life seen such back-wood ignorance openly on public display
- I guess the positive of this is we now know for sure who is racist
- The orange man who lives in Washington DC has encouraged this behavior (fact)
- I now more than ever am inspired to be part of the change
- Equality, accountability, access to serves, equal pay, criminal justice reform, care, dignity, compassion and in general humanity for others
- Innocent people or color are being killed with zero accountability
- I never thought in my lifetime I would see what my parents told me was allowed to occur in the 60’s but here it is in full color
- murder is murder no matter who committed the crime, police qualified immunity must be removed, prosecute
- Covid (and the response to it), needless deaths
- Had this been taken seriously by the leadership of this country this would have been under control by now
- The lack of empathy and care for others
- I have become much more patient and understand that none of us know another person’s journey so don’t judge what you aren’t living
- The deterioration of a moral compass
- My mom from a young age taught me to be honest and treat others as I would want to be treated, easy
- Smoking weed has increased by 9000 % I’m sure
- In the state I live in THC is legal and the dispensaries are packed
- If you have to stay home, I guess why not be high?
- I do not smoke weed but more power to my stoner friends and family
- There are certainly proven medicinal benefits to THC
- So spark up that blunt and have a great time but know that you reek
My issue is the smell, my sniffer is super sensitive and I can smell weed at 500 paces (can you say skunk)
- Let’s be clear, This smell is not a pheromone
- I prefer to smell like Flower Bomb and YSL
- Thank God we are not alive during Prohibition
- My budget for gas in the car has all but been eliminated
- The budget for alcohol has increased by 100%
I took the batteries out of the clock because at this point is always 5 o’clock
Holy Menopause Weight Gain
- My hormones have no idea what is going on
- My waistline is not cute at this point
- When you can’t button your pants, this is a problem
- Hello work out pants
- I joined weight watchers and am down 9.6 lbs as of today
- Ugh side note alcohol is not helping with this situation
I took some before pictures, oh hell NO
If you follow me, you are aware that I started weight watchers last week. Well guess what? I am down 5.2 pounds. My weigh in days are Monday and it was killing me to not want to jump on the scale everyday, but this morning I was super happy. I know they say the first 10 pounds are just water weight but let me tell you my not so good friend menopause was not allowing even that to happen.
I tracked all my food religiously and the ability to scan the labels in the store to see how many points items are is fantastic. I made another one of the recipes, I needed something sweet so I picked a banana bread. Three ingredients, 3 ripe banana’s, a can of pumpkin and a spice cake mix. bake for 55 minutes. Let me ask why the hell can’t I find a spice cake mix? I have searched all over the world and they are no where to be found so I substituted a carrot cake with the other ingredients and added some pumpkin pie spice. My husband even ate it. If he eats anything low cal and likes it I know it is good. 3.5 points is the best part for each slice and we had 12 total. I also had Papa Murphy’s pizza last week 2 days in a row, yes only one slice but that was enough to make me feel like I was cheating.
Will give you and update next week. Next recipe, chicken, lemongrass noodle soup. yum
I have decided this week to try weight watchers. Why you ask, well this menopause crap has me 20 lbs heavier than normal and I feel like a sausage. I chose this program because you are allowed to eat anything as long as it falls within your point total and for me this is very important. If you eliminate the things you love the process is not sustainable, why bother. So here’s to my weight loss journey. I have to say the 1st few days following the program has been pretty easy. I get a total of 16 points. I tried the Tandoori cauliflower soup on day one and it had great flavor but I learned that I have to regulate my cauliflower intake, holy belly ache. I also tried the zero point banana pancakes, flavor again good but take my advise and microwave the banana and the 2 eggs, it is better as a souffle. The WW app has come ALONG WAY, you literally can scan the label on anything and it gives you the points for that item, I LOVE this.. I am also very aware of what I am putting in my mouth which I needed. Stay tuned….
During quarantine I decided to learn something new. I decided on body butter because I swear I spend a million dollars to stay soft. The first fragrances my friends bought and I was sold out in a week. I have soft, thick (those heals and elbows) and they all smell great great. The best thing is they are organic and all natural, no weird ingredients and a whole lotta love. They can be used on both hair and body. I hope you love them
All items can be found on my Etsy store using the link provided. Happy Shopping
You all know I have no problem talking about my beauty improvements. This month I took the plunge and during my botox appointment also had my girl do some lip filler.
My husband was like no I love your lips, ugh ok but you don’t have to draw them on everyday to make them look full.
We did some Juviderm and this involves getting numbed up and using a very small needle to put product into the thin areas. Holy hairdo, the actual lip area was easy but when she did the lip outline my eyes watered and man do you feel it. I’m ok with this but you wimpy girls think twice sister.
Today I am swollen and look like big birds sister but by Monday the swelling will have gone way down and will be great. Yes you swell and ice is your friend. My husband and I have jokes galore and have fun making up stories as to why my lips are HUGE.
I spend like a million dollars on lotions, butters, and potions (ok maybe 1/2 a million). While I have been working remote during the pandemic, I decided that I needed to learn how to make my own organic, natural body butters and looky here, I now have my own line of products. Currently I have 3 (let’s call them flavors), prickly pear, lemon pound cake, and regular pound cake. Made with 100% pure shea butter, organic coconut and essential oils. The pound cake is dense and great for trouble areas like heals and elbows. Prickly Pear and Lemon Pound Cake are soft and whipped goodness. They can be used on body and your hair. A little goes along way and after using your skin will be soft as a babies bottom.
Each month, I will introduce a new flavor. Next to come are Lavender and Clary Sage. The Sage is fantastic and I can’t wait for the batch to be ready. If your interested shoot me an email at email@example.com