I have decided this week to try weight watchers. Why you ask, well this menopause crap has me 20 lbs heavier than normal and I feel like a sausage. I chose this program because you are allowed to eat anything as long as it falls within your point total and for me this is very important. If you eliminate the things you love the process is not sustainable, why bother. So here’s to my weight loss journey. I have to say the 1st few days following the program has been pretty easy. I get a total of 16 points. I tried the Tandoori cauliflower soup on day one and it had great flavor but I learned that I have to regulate my cauliflower intake, holy belly ache. I also tried the zero point banana pancakes, flavor again good but take my advise and microwave the banana and the 2 eggs, it is better as a souffle. The WW app has come ALONG WAY, you literally can scan the label on anything and it gives you the points for that item, I LOVE this.. I am also very aware of what I am putting in my mouth which I needed. Stay tuned….
During quarantine I decided to learn something new. I decided on body butter because I swear I spend a million dollars to stay soft. The first fragrances my friends bought and I was sold out in a week. I have soft, thick (those heals and elbows) and they all smell great great. The best thing is they are organic and all natural, no weird ingredients and a whole lotta love. They can be used on both hair and body. I hope you love them
All items can be found on my Etsy store using the link provided. Happy Shopping
You all know I have no problem talking about my beauty improvements. This month I took the plunge and during my botox appointment also had my girl do some lip filler.
My husband was like no I love your lips, ugh ok but you don’t have to draw them on everyday to make them look full.
We did some Juviderm and this involves getting numbed up and using a very small needle to put product into the thin areas. Holy hairdo, the actual lip area was easy but when she did the lip outline my eyes watered and man do you feel it. I’m ok with this but you wimpy girls think twice sister.
Today I am swollen and look like big birds sister but by Monday the swelling will have gone way down and will be great. Yes you swell and ice is your friend. My husband and I have jokes galore and have fun making up stories as to why my lips are HUGE.
I spend like a million dollars on lotions, butters, and potions (ok maybe 1/2 a million). While I have been working remote during the pandemic, I decided that I needed to learn how to make my own organic, natural body butters and looky here, I now have my own line of products. Currently I have 3 (let’s call them flavors), prickly pear, lemon pound cake, and regular pound cake. Made with 100% pure shea butter, organic coconut and essential oils. The pound cake is dense and great for trouble areas like heals and elbows. Prickly Pear and Lemon Pound Cake are soft and whipped goodness. They can be used on body and your hair. A little goes along way and after using your skin will be soft as a babies bottom.
Each month, I will introduce a new flavor. Next to come are Lavender and Clary Sage. The Sage is fantastic and I can’t wait for the batch to be ready. If your interested shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ok so I am a super extrovert and have been working at home for well over a month. I like the remote work, we pulled out the RV as an extra office space and the dog LOVES I’m home but the boredom has set in. My hair was yellow blond and as a cosmetologist I can fix any color, so today after work was color day. I picked up curb side light brown from the beauty supply and slapped it on. Like it
But to make things fun, I also do just random stuff. Tonight was a head wrap and house slippers. I know silly but my husband and I have our 30 year anniversary next week and I wanted to make him laugh at how cute I am, so enjoy
What is the hardest part of quarantine? I am going to tell you my weekend trips to the wheel are what I miss most. The wheel huh? The Goodwill, I have called it the wheel since my boys were little because as I see it when you are playing the wheel of fortune you never know what you will win, well the Goodwill is the same and I am having withdrawals. I may need treatment soon.
The last week before home confinement I bought a chair for my patio that is worth 1200 for $5 bucks, yep it’s beautiful.
Let’s talk about me and my fabulous husband working from home. He has his two big monitors in the office/ laundry and I work in either the kitchen or our RV. Today he was a complete asshat, I ask if he wanted lunch and he pointed to his headphones to not bother him, conference call, ugh ok starve. All day he was like don’t do this, be quiet, blah blah. Long story I let him know I will not talk to you tonight, when you wake up tomorrow recognize I am that girl, appreciate.
I love my husband but don’t get it twisted after 30 years I expect a certain type of treatment and he shows up, just needs reminded every once in a while. This morning my coffee ☕️ was ready when I woke up. Love you to the moon n back Rob.
Lip blushing is lip tattooing. For me it was easy, a little numbing cream and hours later i have fabulous color. Truth, most people can not sit for over an hour so if your pain tolerance is low forget about it, you will be crying and not be able to handle. Here are my before and afters
Let’s be serious and honest, as you age the full fantastic lips you had at 20 begin to get thin. It sucks and you can continue to draw them on but at 53 (this year)I decided it was time to get these beauties back. You all know I love cosmetics and am all in on having procedures to enhance my appearance. I went and had lip blushing done, this process puts permanent color into your lips so no lipstick required if you choose. I love full blown color so it is Infrequent that I don’t have on lipstick. Gym days great, and I would certainly do it again.
I loved how my lips looked swollen after the tattooing and my bff who works in plastics has been trying to get me for years to get filler. I finally took the plunge. Procedure is pretty easy, you are numb but you will still feel the needle pokes. Honest, if you can’t deal with some major swelling and discomfort don’t do it. I am good with a few days of downtime but you will feel like you have been punched in the face and ice 🧊 is your best friend. Here are the before, after injections and hours later
- What would you do today if there was no tomorrow?
- Invite those I love to come on a trip to the Caribbean
- What or who inspires you most in this world? And why?
- Animal rescue, I believe that the kindness you show to animals shows a person’s character
- Removal of Mandatory minimum sentencing in the United States, all offenders should be sentenced individually based upon their history not some good ole boy law that treats everyone the same regardless of circumstance
- What goals did you meet or achievements did you reach this year that you are most proud of?
- I wrote a book about the experience with my oldest son thru addiction, incarceration, and recovery “Mad as Hell, A Mom’s Journey”
- When was the last time you pushed yourself out of your comfort zone?
- Last year when we went to Vegas, ziplined for the first time above the strip
- What are the three words that would best describe yourself?
- Fun, strong, driven
- What is one thing you could change today to start living a better tomorrow?
- Cut down my wine intake ;0)
- What is one dream or goal in life you have given up on and why?
- In high school I wanted to be a fashion buyer but as I have matured it did not seem as exciting
- What piece of advice would you give your younger self?
- Travel and see the world before you begin a career
- Name your top 3 goals coming into this new year?
- Reduce my body fat by 5%
- Pay off in full my student loan
- Meet with friends once a month just because
- If you came into enough money that you never had to work again, what would you do with your time?
- I would travel and eat
- The spa and plastic surgeon would know me by first name
- If you could say one sentence to the whole world right now and everyone would hear it, what would it be?
- You never know the impact of showing kindness to another person
Thank you to each and every one of you who stops by my site and reads my posts! Your support and encouragement mean the world to me.
A New Year
|To say that 2019 was one hell of a ride is an understatement. If you follow my blog you know that my oldest son was incarcerated as part of the good ole boy network and the asinine mandatory minimum sentencing laws in Idaho, my dad passed away unexpectedly, both my old rescue dogs died, and I wrote a book about all this craziness. “Mad as Hell, A Mom’s Journey” |
I am thrilled to say I made it through and truly am grateful for all that I learned in 2019.
Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t EVER want to repeat that shit, but I truly believe everything happens for a reason:
1. Love your family, this for me is not just blood relatives
* Know who shows up when you need them and those that you only hear from when they need something
* I am that ride or die momma for those I love
2. Have empathy and compassion- you never know what is happening in someone’s life
* A kind word or smile truly makes a difference
* Don’t judge until you have walked in someone else’s shoes
* We are all 2 paychecks away from being homeless
3. Drugs are not a choice
* Do some research before you open your mouth
* Drugs take over the neurons in the brain (dopamine)
* Not all addicts relapse or become dealers to support their habit
* Recovery is possible
* Not all addicts recover the same way
If I have learned nothing else in 2019 it is that no one has your best interests at heart but you, research, rely on facts, and be an advocate for those that can’t do it for themselves.
Oh and last, adopt a shelter dog, people are dumb, dogs are great and we all need some companionship and to feel needed. Here is my rescue, Punkin Spice Latte Starr
It is unbelievable that I am 52, yep and as we age a whole lotta shit changes. First, skin, good lord I took a selfie a few days ago and wholly pores. When exactly did my skin look like sand paper. Facial hair and brows: facial hair has multiplied, the fu man chu ugh no not cute and everyday I am tweezing some long ass black course hair, what the hell… my eyebrows are nothing, one has some hair the other has a serious lack. Last, the night sweats are out of control, not only do you not sleep but when you do just get a frickin towel to lay on or you might wake up thinking you have been swimming.
If I can fix it, I will. Here are my brows micro bladed day 1. Don’t panic in 2 weeks they will be half this color and thickness. Breathe they will be beautiful. Next week is lip blushing, will let you all in on that too