as you all know we moved from Idaho where starting in June the temp hits 100 everyday (which I luv) and this temp stays until at least the end of August, so now that we live in Portland Oregon I have laughed the entire week because Saturday it is supposed to hit 100 and they have heat warnings and it is the top story, really.. Drink some water, put on some shorts, wet yourself with the hose and enjoy the sun, it doesn’t show up often so take advantage of it.
Because we love the heat (well I luv it, my husband, not so much) our Saturday project is to lay a new 10×10 paver patio. We have this useless area that gets no sun and is a mud pit off our patio that needs to be made useable so let the grass digging, rock dumping, sand leveling, paver laying begin…… I already capped 6 sprinkler heads in this tiny space, yes I dug the heads up and capped them, there’s nothing like doing it yourself and saving TONS of money, no sprinkler guy required, this girl has got this.
Thank god for the help of my strong, young 21 year old son, he did most of the heavy lifting but here’s the finished product. Grateful as always and now it’s time for a beverage.
It’s been awhile but we got our house in Vancouver Washington and are all moved in. I truly believe everything happens for a reason and getting 20 day notice pushed us to buy which has been great, this house is quiet, not on a busy street, plenty of room for our 4 leg kids and yep our house also sold in Idaho. We close June 12th so no more renters for us yeah. On another note, let me just say I will never lift another bed or dresser, EVER. There is a reason you hire movers and I now get it.
Other random things,
1. portland is cleaning up the homeless camps on the waterfront and the people who live there are mad, really? Do they feel it is a right to throw trash, go to the bathroom anywhere they please and have the city clean up needles to keep people from getting infected with God knows what. If I want to walk or ride in this area should I be forced to wonder what I will encounter, here’s an idea how about you get a job and work like the rest of us. There are always exceptions and I know some people don’t choose homelessness, it could of been me last month but the people they interviewed on tv certainly were ridiculous.
2. Where did all the real men go in this country? I had a lady buy a sofa the other day from us and she said her husband said he was too busy to help her load it, WTH. Is he not gonna sit on it when you get home? I would of gave him some feedback he may not of liked, ha
3. If you stand on the corner with a sign you should probably not be smoking cigarettes at 7 bucks a pack! I’m just saying
4. Everyone who drives an old police car look like they should be in jail
5. Do you still mow the lawn when it’s been raining for 3 days?
6. Why every time you get a cute pedicure you do something dumb like drop a rock on your toe and in a few weeks you’ll have no nail, not cute and summer sandal season
When we relocated to Portland we leased a townhouse that we thought we would live in until we were ready to buy, ha surprise. We were told this week we had 20 days to find a new place to live, yes you heard me 20 days now how in the hell are you supposed to do that? The lady who owns the town house wants to sell it, ok it’s not sold yet as a matter a fact it’s not even listed. Then she wants the realtor to come in and take photos with our stuff staged in the house, really. Let’s talk move in costs, if we want to rent again we have to come up with deposit, first, last and pet deposit, in 20 days. I think we might be living under the bridge in a tent. In all seriousness what if we didn’t have somewhere to go? Thank god we have friends who we can stay with temporarily but other people may not be so lucky which makes me mad that this lady is so unfeeling she doesn’t give a rip.
So me being the strong willed woman I am, I called a mortgage guy submitted my paperwork the same day and got a preapproval letter to buy. We went looking this weekend and made a offer on a house. The market is certainly a sellers market but we should know tomorrow if our offer was accepted..
Our house we own in Idaho is leased but we are putting it on the market this month also. The realtor calls me and says you may want to wait to list it because every room in the house looks like a toy store with crap everywhere. I flat out told her you tell the renters they need to pick one of the four bedrooms and make it the frickin toy room. When did people become so stupid? I’m just sayin
So my husband and I walk a lot and we are always amazed by the trash that people just throw wherever they feel like it, whether it is food wrappers, cigarette butts, or anything else I simply do not understand how people have become so inconsiderate and lazy. Drugs, we were riding on the train and when looking out the window we see a young man addicted to drugs trying to find a vein to shoot up, syringe in hand, I was sad for days to think that a drug is powerful enough to make people not care about anything other than getting high. I am not naive but Its an epidemic that is so out of control and tragic. Now for the worst thing, a man dropped his pants in the middle of the sidewalk to poop, yes you heard me correctly. I was shocked, completely grossed out and could not believe that anyone ever would do this. What has our world come to? I guess the question I am left asking is how do we stop the cycle? We take a bag and gloves when we walk and pick up trash I guess as our small way of trying to make a difference but it’s so much bigger…. Ideas ?
So let me tell you a irritating story. A young lady is working at a store and another woman comes thru the line to check out while breast feeding her baby. The younger girl posts online, I can’t believe this lady came thru my line while breastfeeding, nothing derogatory, no mention of where she worked, just a statement. So someone finds out where this girl works, replies and all Hell breaks loose. The lady who was breastfeeding demands an apology from the business, the girl is suspended and a whole gang of breastfeeding moms are having a baby feeding sit in while being given refreshments. Really since when did making a statement become a crime, don’t we have freedom of speech in this country. Now let’s be clear, I could give a rip about seeing a woman’s breast or her feeding her child but I believe we as a society have become so stupid that we feel the need to organize a sit in for a comment posted online. If you have the right to breastfeed than this woman should have an equal right to her opinion. I’m irritated by everyone’s need to make everything a cause to prove a point…
1. No one looks good in pants with the crotch that hangs to their knees, they might be popular but not cute, really
2. Whoever the judges are that pick the winners of the golden globes should be fired, boyhood was the slowest most boring film I have ever seen
3. If you are standing on a corner begging for money you probably shouldn’t be able to afford cigarettes at 6 bucks a pack, I’m just saying
4. If you can’t see over the steering wheel of the car you probably should not be driving, or atleast get a phone book to sit on for gods sake, ha
5. How if it rains everyday can someone say oh you haven’t seen rain yet
6. If you have never tried a Harvey Wallbanger you should it will change your life, the old folks got this one right
7. I would like to know who came up with the abbreviation POTUS which refers to the president of the United States. This sounds like an animal name not one for the leader of a country. All it takes is a space to completely change the meaning POT US, those secret service guys are tricky don’t you think.
8. If you can’t put away your basket at the store you should not be allowed to shop. I don’t care if it’s cold, raining, your toe is sore, pants are tight, whatever stop being lazy and walk 10 feet.
9. Portland airport is replacing the carpet and this is big news why? People are taking selfies with some nasty green carpet, yuck if you know what has been on that carpet you would not want to walk on it more a less put it close to your face.
10. Every person should have a pedicure once a month, men, women, kids, it is great for your circulation, helps prevent ingrown toes nails and as a bonus you get soft beautiful feet.
I have never been someone who makes New Years resolutions because I believe that each day you have the opportunity at anytime to make a change, so each year I use January as a time to create new goals and update my vision board. Last year I completed 3 of the things on my vision board, yep that’s right my student loans are a wrap, that’s right zero, goose egg, nada. I also secured a new fantastic job in a new state and moved across the country. In my opinion these 3 are fantastic accomplishments but I want to encourage everyone to continually strive for more. In 2015 most of my goals have to do with paying OFF anything that has a credit line attached to it, this includes cards, cars, loans, etc. By doing this I will be in a position to search for a new home to buy with no other financial responsibilities, now how nice would that be? Now to the fun stuff, laugh a lot, hike as many different trails in Oregon as possible, rent a vintage rv in the willamette valley with the family and try a new wine once a week. You all know, I like my wine… As a mom, my goal is to allow my sons who are grown to develop into successful men without my input or help. Ok I’m a control freak and this is oh oh so difficult but that is how I became independent and driven and I am certain this will help them too. So here’s to a great New Year, write your success one day at a time
I cannot believe that it is almost Christmas and for the first time in 20 years we are not in Idaho and my mom and dad won’t be at my house for dinner. It has certainly been a year of huge changes which you know if you follow my blog. My oldest is getting ready to start a new job that will actually allow him to live and pay his bills, my youngest is home for break from college and turns 21 this month wow do I feel old☺️. The job has worked out fantastic and they are trying to convert me from a contractor to a permanent employee. That would be a major relief because of the whole insurance considerations and being able to begin looking for areas we might be interested in buying next year. We did lease our house out for a year so that is great but will mean I need to take a trip back next year and see the condition of the house once we are ready to list the house again. Let’s hope these people aren’t hoarders, ha. This year Xmas will be quiet with stockings, new Jammie’s, but no wrapped gifts. The best thing about Xmas are the smells, songs and being with family I am truly grateful. I can hardly wait to see what the new year brings..
I am still trying to get used to the fact Portland is home. It’s interesting because I love it, we’ll except the traffic but haven’t quite figured out this is permanent. I think it’d be easier if that damn house in Idaho would sell. If I don’t get a decent offer by end of 2nd week of October it will become a landlord and lease it out for a year. We had some low ball, stupid offers that I laughed at. I won’t give it away cause I actually can make a profit by renting it hello
The train: lady wearing panty hose as pants, no drawers, riding a bike, no unsee this
3 striker out of LA, he told me all this during our long conversation, trying to flip his future, good got you fella stay outta that cell
Charles, rabbit tattoo, Italian from Florida, one to many beverages, convinced I should go to dinner with him cause I had great teeth
Chris, the littlest man who thought I was beautiful and wanted to know if I was interested in getting to know him, no lack of confidence
It hurts no one to be nice to propel, you can be polite and decline easily, I certainly luv the stories
Last week I started the new job and it is going to be both fun and challenging. I have a lot to learn since I have never been in the commercial banking field. I am always up for learning new things so I will put my head down, read everything I can get my hands on and flow diagram the hell out of the processes. I have decided that I will commute using the Max train system in Portland Monday thru Thursday and only drive on Fridays. This will not only save some cash but let me relax and read, and the most fun- PEOPLE WATCH.. Last week I saw 8 People with no teeth, a lady wearing nylons as pants with no underwear, and riding a bike. Now where else can you be so entertained for free… Only 6 more days and I fly back to Idaho to drive back with the Uhaul, the man, and the dogs. I am beyond excited to have them here with me