In preparation of my new master bath and closet remodel someday being completed, I decided to begin looking for the closet organizers and hanging apparatuses for clothes. I called a local home improvement store and they came out and measured and provided a quote of $5500.
- I just about passed out; I need to hang up my clothes but not on gold plated hangers, good lord.
- I then asked if we decided to move forward with the purchase how a customer would pay for this.
- The entire amount is due up front and could not be installed for 8 weeks. In addition, there was a $175 processing fee for paperwork. Ugh what?
Of course me being the bargain shopping queen (ok cheapskate), I took my measurements out to our local Ikea store.
- The little guy in the closet section helped me choose the closets and all the components, with delivery and installation it was less than $1500.
- Yep how’s that for saving four thousand dollars. I could have had the closet installed in 2 days, imagine that not 8 weeks.
The joy of saving so much money was fantastic but the pain with the installation was real.
- First the delivery and install company employees had no clue how to assemble the closet, ha imagine that.
- My window for them to install was 9 am to 6 pm, really could you narrow it down a little?
- I take the day off and you guessed it they showed up at 5:55 pm.
- The crew took everything out of the boxes and said oh there’s a damaged piece we will have to report and come back tomorrow.
- My question was can’t you assemble the sections that aren’t broken and install only to be met with a look of utter confusion.
- The next day the new item arrives with a completely different delivery person and installer who also had no clue also.
- 6 hours later and still not finished the new installer states well there are a bunch of missing pieces so I will need to come back. Ugh really.
At this point I turned into the cheapskate bulldog and immediately got online and filed a claim with the delivery company and insisted a manager call me back. I was refunded $600 of my money due to the fiasco and I installed the closet.
So the big question is was this a Deal or NO Deal?