The kitchen remodel is done. 3 weeks front to back is amazing, my builder is the man. To see the before look at the previous post but I have outlets and lighting everywhere not to mention unlimited cabinet space. My husband will be thrilled when he sees it for the first time in person this week. I have sent pictures daily but you can’t appreciate it until you walk in.
What do you do when your spouse is out of town for work? Remodel.
- I have stated before how much I loathe the kitchen in our house.
- I am way to short to reach ANY of the cabinets and the pink tile floor in conjunction with the brown and white mosaic floor is not beautiful.
- My fashionista is screaming rip it out.
On Monday they are coming out, YES.
I have picked floors, cabinets, and sinks so let the demo begin. Photos are of the current kitchen, Don’t be jealous, I know it’s fancy
The remodel is moving along at record speed. Here we are over half way
Those mid century bar stools were the deal of the century, $30 for all 4, these are 200 stools , yes
When we moved into our house the first thing out of my mouth was holy yellow oak, and who would put a cabinet in the middle of a breakfast bar, so dumb.
So this week it was redone. I am cheap i admit it and i also love to paint so the choice was easy. General finishes milk paint, amazing, no sanding or priming required, just wash them down with tsp. We also took down the cabinets on the bar and turned them into a buffet, i hope you love the results cause i do.
So heres the breakdown of everything i used and costs:
1. Old ironing board in garage as my saw horse, free and it worked great
2. Qt general finishes milk paint $30, then a pint for touch up $18, qt satin finish for topcoat also general finishes $30
3. Foam rollers and foam wedge brushes, $13
Total cost $91