We recently traveled to my son and his girlfriends house for the holidays. She had this fancy Nespresso Machine and a massive amount of flavors and sizes of pods to pick from. I tasted espresso, medium size and large cups of java. Let me say this little machine and the pods were fantastic. Now I do not know how expensive the machine or pods are but they do provide free recycle for the pods which is great. I would love for them to send me a machine to try (probably low probability of that happening) but I certainly did love the coffee on my week long visit.
I’m feeling a little under the weather because of cough due to cold as Forrest would say. So when I’m sick I always seem to recognize how little things make my life so great:
- The first cup of ☕️ in the morning
- A hot bath
- Vick’s vapor rub
- Clean sheets
- The steam sauna
- Soft jammies
- Chicken 🐔 noodle soup
I try to workout and stay in shape but didn’t realize just how important it is until this week. 25 years ago I had surgery on my intestine for a blockage. Since that time I pay close attention to what I eat and have not had any real issues until this week. My stomach starts to hurt so I take some pepto and lord help me, 10 hours later I’m admitted to the hospital and have a tube shoved down my throat. If you have never had a NG tube I do not wish this on anyone. This tube helps remove air or excess fluids out of the stomach and there is no eating or drinking so I also became a human pin cushion with IV’s and blood draws. A surgeon comes in and says we think we will need to do surgery if this doesn’t work. I of course was like nope not happening, pump in the fluids. Short story 4 days later I am home with no surgery and eating soft foods.
So let’s look at the positives:
- Had I not had been in shape and walk everyday I would not have been so lucky.
- I have never appreciated broth and a hot cup of coffee so much in my life.
- Pudding is now my favorite dessert, ha.
- I lost 6 pounds
- My skin looks great, all those fluids have me looking like I’m 21, well maybe not 21 but 40 atleast
- I am forced to drink ALOT of water which I should be doing anyway
- My portion size is small and I am eating with chopsticks to slow down
- I chew everything a million times before I swallow (also good)