We have for several years adopted senior dogs. Most people want puppies, but our last 2 rescues have been older girls. PunkinSpice Latte was used for breeding, she is brindle and when her last litter was still born she was dumped by the dumb ass breeder. Great for us.
We love both of them and are proud to provide these 2 old girls in their golden years with their very best life. Punkin is hug a bunch and wants kisses and wants to be right up next to you. Milly is not affectionate, she does not want to be held but does like face rubs and likes to sleep on the bed. Milly will poop wherever if you don’t pay attention, I continue to try and convince my husband this is just her bring old as I am the same way.
Milly Vanilly was surrendered because her person had to go into a nursing home. We named her Milly because her previous was Lilly. Little did we know her hearing is all but gone except for loud noises, and her eye sight is limited, at night the grey eye haze is evident. Oh and she exhibits all the characteristics of dementia
Each is funny and entertaining so we treat then individually and laugh each day. We have a huge yard and Milly thinks she is a track star. She will run from end to end 20 times while Punkin just watches.
How naïve I am, I was certain once my son’s had left the nest that my life would consist of the man (who I call Daddy (don’t judge) and I being able to just pack up on a whim and go, ugh WRONG. And yes I am referred to as Momma to my kids, dogs, and the man.
My little rescue dogs, Daisy and Peanut have put a kibosh on that idea. Daisy is a 12 year old dachshund/terrier with a whole lot of energy and no clue that she needs to not rip and run like she’s a puppy or her arthritis will flare up.
Peanut is a Pug/Chihuahua who is afraid of her own shadow (someone was mean to her) with a heart murmur and rotten teeth, can you imagine. She is the sweetest little girl but not very bright.
So this week Daisy has been running up and down the stairs like a racing dog and of course began limping on her right leg, so off to the vet for some anti-inflammatory meds and glucosamine, good lord. The huge glucosamine tabs I crush up and mix in with half an egg for her (so spoiled) twice a day. We were going to have peanuts teeth pulled but no Bueno because they can’t put her under due to her heart murmur so stinky breath will remain and I guess they will eventually fall out, yuck
We also travel to our youngest son’s college football games every weekend and thank god my oldest lives close or we would have doggy travel companions on every road trip. They love their boy sitter because he lets them sleep with him which is not allowed when we are home.
I have decided that I want a dog’s life. Let me eat, sleep, and have someone clean up my mess. If I don’t like you I can bark at you or pee on your leg and it is all good. Guess who’s who
1. Why after 7 people have been attacked in the water by sharks in North Carolina would you be dumb enough to swim in that water, HELLO do you still not get it, sharks are in the water and they think you are a big sea lion
2. Is it really necessary to post every detail of your life on social media and ask stupid random questions just to get a response?
a. believe me no one cares where you are having dinner
b. I don’t give a rip about your random questions
c. stop fishing for compliments: oh you’re so beautiful, if he loves you he will step up, you should be more than friends, SHUT UP ALREADY we are adults (well sometimes)
3. Pot was just legalized in Oregon this week and is also legal in Washington State and Colorado. Here are some random thoughts and questions
a. Will crime now decrease because we will now have a whole gang of chill, relaxed folks?
b. Will fast food and grocery store profits increase because of increased munchies?
c. Does anyone really believe that now that weed is legal a whole bunch of people will run out and start smoking?
i. News flash I didn’t smoke before and I’m not gonna start now, duh…
d. Why in the hell did people in Oregon feel the need to gather on a bridge to celebrate?
e. Why does the news team covering the story ALWAYS interview the most nonintellectual dude in the group as a representation of all weed smokers?
i. interview the smart guy- not the one with no teeth wearing a tie dye skirt, good lord
f. If the government was smart they would see the trend and legalize it at the fed level, tax the hell out of it like they do cigarettes and get rid of our deficit, maybe I should run for office, ha
4. So its a few days before the 4th of July and I have to wonder how people who can’t afford food for their kids can afford to buy thousands of dollars in illegal fireworks. Jimmy has on shoes with holes in them but that mortar you set off sure was great.
a. It’s 100 degrees outside and the grass looks like hay in all areas so why would you set off fireworks and take the chance of setting EVERYTHING fire, including homes, this to me is ridiculous
b. Why is it necessary to set off mortars for 3 days after the 4th of July? Are you truly celebrating freedom? Do you even know what you are celebrating, just asking as my hunch is probably not.
c. I wonder if those people who set off the fireworks that sound like bombs have any idea what the impact is for the animals around them. I imagine they don’t care but for me it’s important to consider how scared most animals are (mine included) and do everything I can to not contribute to their trauma.
d. If I had my way, which means nothing, the only fireworks allowed would be snakes, smoke bombs and those little tanks and chickens that scoot on the ground, ha don’t have to worry about those getting away from you
5. Glamping fun- there is a place right outside of Dayton Oregon that we went to over the 4th this year where you can rent the funnest (I know not a word) vintage trailers that have been completely remodeled. It for sure could give me the I need a trailer bug but then I remember everything that comes along with owning a RV and all the costs for maintenance so if you all ever get the chance go visit The Vintages, so relaxing…. And everyone in a camp ground are always so friendly. This trip we were walking and saw some people from Idaho that our sons used to play with their kids when they were little, what are the chances..
6. Uber- my husband said he could never be an uber driver because he wouldn’t want anyone farting in his seats, ha I am still laughing
7. Is it strange that my favorite color is brown? I just painted an accent wall in our bedroom and what color, yep brown gotta luv it