The past week I decided that I was not drinking nearly enough water. I figured that your water intake should be comparable to your wine intake, ha so I picked up this super cute new water bottle that is 24 ounces and determined it was good to drink 5 of these per day.
I have done a good job of taking the bottle everywhere I go but man the first week I spent more time in the restroom than I did at my desk. Maybe that was just my perception but good lord how many times can one person pee in a day, A LOT I tell you.
The health benefits of drinking water are also a motivator:
- Clears toxins- good bye wine
- Skin care- maintains turgidity
- Relieves constipation- not my issue
- Reduces hangover symptoms- again good bye wine
- Weight loss- um no I’ve gained 3 lbs, really???
- Improves brain function- my old brain needs this
- Regulates body temperature- I am the coldest woman in America so let’s hope this is true
I am back in the gym too, this should help eliminate the 3 lbs. of water hopefully but right now I feel like the attached photo. I am hoping that Jesus will come turn my water to wine soon.
before and after
It’s a wrap, I’m done, finished, completed the 24 day challenge and I feel great. I believe that you have to cleanse your body from all the crap we normally eat and attempt to change what we put in our mouths. You can choose the link and see the before and after photos, I see a huge difference, especially the back and belly but then I look at myself everyday too.
As stated in a previous post I followed the plan with the exception of the vitamin packs. The whole motivation for me was to reduce toxins and eliminate stomach bloat (cause I love my wine) and I succeeded. I work out 3 days a week anyway so the exercise was the easy part. I am 5’2 and weigh anywhere between 120 and 124 so weight loss is not a goal of mine. For all women I think it is important to focus on health and NOT WEIGHT, ok don’t start BY SAYING YEAH it’s easy for me to say cause your 120 lbs. Newsflash I used to be 180 and I felt great then too but when I changed my eating habits I lost weight by default not by dieting and have been the same for over 20 years now even thru my pregnancies, yep it’s the food and the exercise. So don’t get discouraged, one of my favorite quotes from Nike is “you don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great”
Not as much energy today but the hike yesterday has me feeling ALL of my 46 year old body.
- I got on the scale this morning and I am down 2 pounds, that’s crazy. I assume it’s because I drank so much water yesterday I felt like I needed to just take my laptop in the restroom or get a catheter.
- Today I am going to count the trips, ha. Once you read my blog you should get that I love to have fun with anything I do, so if you are offended by my comments, get over it and relax.
Breakfast- oatmeal and 2 slices of turkey bacon, of course my wonderful peach fiber drink
Don’t think I need to repeat take the supplements as detailed in the 24 day challenge guide
My snack= watermelon
Dinner = smothered potato, ground turkey with Taco seasoning, baked potato, mixed veggies
Exercise, bike ride around my neighborhood
I have lost 4.5 lbs. and my stomach is flat, yep you heard me flat, maybe this has something to do with no wine for 3 days but I don’t want to believe that, ha
Breakfast- egg whites and turkey bacon, last day for the fiber drink and I think I’ll miss it
Lunch- last night’s left over smothered potato with vegi
Snack- cottage cheese with strawberries
Dinner- Baked fish and Zucchini
Exercise = hike with my friend for 11,000 steps
I woke up EXCITED since I had my husband take some before photos last night, needless to say they were not pretty.
Before we begin let me say I am a planner and I am all about easy, I certainly am not going to spend a lot of time figuring out fancy lunches, etc. I’m eating leftovers– everyday so my plan is to make enough of whatever we are having for dinner to take the next day for lunch. If you hate leftovers do something different, but this works for me and I love them…
- My normal morning wake up beverage is a cup of coffee, today it was Spark and Catalyst.
o I have to say trying to drink something cold at 5am was different and vitamins that early also interesting. After a few days I am sure it will be a habit just like my coffee.
o I will continue to have my one cup of coffee on my drive into work. Unlike every other Monday, I have super energy- HELLO SPARK
- Breakfast- I had read online from others how horrible the fiber drink was, um I disagree the peaches and cream tasted good, mixed with a cup of water and pretended it was a shooter (more fun), oatmeal and egg whites
- Watermelon for snack
- Spark and Catalyst 30 minutes before lunch- Turkey burger (no bun) and steamed mixed veggies for lunch
- Omegaplex 30 min before dinner then grilled chicken breast, brown rice and cauliflower for dinner
o Overnight Marinade for chix (lite coconut milk, sesame oil, green curry paste) so delicious
Activity- hiked 10,000 steps even with a bruised heel