I have learned so much about an rv in the last month, I thought I would share the adventure Hooking up the truck to the camper is the hardest thing, first you have to back right up to the hitch connector and wait for the clamp to engage. Once this is done we have to pull it out of our steep ass driveway, hitch grinding the entire time into the street so we can get level enough to put on the stabilizer bars. These damn things scare the crap out of me so I simply stand back and watch. You have to put the trailer tongue down to take the weight off the truck then put on these steel bars in with a pry bar that makes a loud noise when on, good lord. Oh then there is two chain connectors that attach to the truck and the power supply for the lights to work. I’m tired just talking about it even though after the 3rd time we did the whole process in under 10 minutes.
On our first trip we learned that you need atleast a 4000 watt generator after we lost all power, oh n check your battery connectors to make sure they are all hooked up, another lesson as ours weren’t. Locate the gfi before you leave just in case it gets tripped you know where to find it, its in our bathroom, who knew.
The great part is we get to sleep in our own bed, no one bothers us, and we get to go to great places. The pictures below were taken at Mt Hood.
Every year we pick a weekend and camp with our friends. I think oh wow so simple a tent, sleeping bags and a fire. Wrong, my husband inspector gadget decided we needed some “essentials.” A portable table top grill, a solar heated shower bag and of course the potty with poo powder, and of course a room to put the potty in. Ha I’m sure more will arrive before we leave and who knows what else we NEED. I am just looking forward to watching lawn mowers race each other. I think we are officially glamping and who knew my man created it.
1. Why after 7 people have been attacked in the water by sharks in North Carolina would you be dumb enough to swim in that water, HELLO do you still not get it, sharks are in the water and they think you are a big sea lion
2. Is it really necessary to post every detail of your life on social media and ask stupid random questions just to get a response?
a. believe me no one cares where you are having dinner
b. I don’t give a rip about your random questions
c. stop fishing for compliments: oh you’re so beautiful, if he loves you he will step up, you should be more than friends, SHUT UP ALREADY we are adults (well sometimes)
3. Pot was just legalized in Oregon this week and is also legal in Washington State and Colorado. Here are some random thoughts and questions
a. Will crime now decrease because we will now have a whole gang of chill, relaxed folks?
b. Will fast food and grocery store profits increase because of increased munchies?
c. Does anyone really believe that now that weed is legal a whole bunch of people will run out and start smoking?
i. News flash I didn’t smoke before and I’m not gonna start now, duh…
d. Why in the hell did people in Oregon feel the need to gather on a bridge to celebrate?
e. Why does the news team covering the story ALWAYS interview the most nonintellectual dude in the group as a representation of all weed smokers?
i. interview the smart guy- not the one with no teeth wearing a tie dye skirt, good lord
f. If the government was smart they would see the trend and legalize it at the fed level, tax the hell out of it like they do cigarettes and get rid of our deficit, maybe I should run for office, ha
4. So its a few days before the 4th of July and I have to wonder how people who can’t afford food for their kids can afford to buy thousands of dollars in illegal fireworks. Jimmy has on shoes with holes in them but that mortar you set off sure was great.
a. It’s 100 degrees outside and the grass looks like hay in all areas so why would you set off fireworks and take the chance of setting EVERYTHING fire, including homes, this to me is ridiculous
b. Why is it necessary to set off mortars for 3 days after the 4th of July? Are you truly celebrating freedom? Do you even know what you are celebrating, just asking as my hunch is probably not.
c. I wonder if those people who set off the fireworks that sound like bombs have any idea what the impact is for the animals around them. I imagine they don’t care but for me it’s important to consider how scared most animals are (mine included) and do everything I can to not contribute to their trauma.
d. If I had my way, which means nothing, the only fireworks allowed would be snakes, smoke bombs and those little tanks and chickens that scoot on the ground, ha don’t have to worry about those getting away from you
5. Glamping fun- there is a place right outside of Dayton Oregon that we went to over the 4th this year where you can rent the funnest (I know not a word) vintage trailers that have been completely remodeled. It for sure could give me the I need a trailer bug but then I remember everything that comes along with owning a RV and all the costs for maintenance so if you all ever get the chance go visit The Vintages, so relaxing…. And everyone in a camp ground are always so friendly. This trip we were walking and saw some people from Idaho that our sons used to play with their kids when they were little, what are the chances..
6. Uber- my husband said he could never be an uber driver because he wouldn’t want anyone farting in his seats, ha I am still laughing
7. Is it strange that my favorite color is brown? I just painted an accent wall in our bedroom and what color, yep brown gotta luv it