Anyone who knows me is aware, I live for eggnog and pumpkin season. Well guess what, I found my first batch of nog, yes. It’s a beautiful Fall day in the Pacific Northwest so I off course got up and put on the crockpot full of Mississippi chicken and yep Punkin Eggnog cake. You all need smell o vision because my house is where you wanna be today. Jason I’m thinking of you today 😃
Oh the adventures we will have
I have learned so much about an rv in the last month, I thought I would share the adventure Hooking up the truck to the camper is the hardest thing, first you have to back right up to the hitch connector and wait for the clamp to engage. Once this is done we have to pull it out of our steep ass driveway, hitch grinding the entire time into the street so we can get level enough to put on the stabilizer bars. These damn things scare the crap out of me so I simply stand back and watch. You have to put the trailer tongue down to take the weight off the truck then put on these steel bars in with a pry bar that makes a loud noise when on, good lord. Oh then there is two chain connectors that attach to the truck and the power supply for the lights to work. I’m tired just talking about it even though after the 3rd time we did the whole process in under 10 minutes.
On our first trip we learned that you need atleast a 4000 watt generator after we lost all power, oh n check your battery connectors to make sure they are all hooked up, another lesson as ours weren’t. Locate the gfi before you leave just in case it gets tripped you know where to find it, its in our bathroom, who knew.
The great part is we get to sleep in our own bed, no one bothers us, and we get to go to great places. The pictures below were taken at Mt Hood.
Committed 29 and Counting
This guy and I have been hanging out for 29 years. It seems crazy that over half my life I have spent with him. There have been many bumps and challenges and it takes commitment to make it last but it is so worth the effort. When we said the words for better or worse we meant it, I’m grateful for the journey, love, and joy he brings to my hyperactive self, ha. Happy Anniversary to us
The Yard Work Battle
First let me state how grateful I am to be a home owner.
- I love the fact that I have a large space to keep me busy and that I can close the door and have no one bother me
- no upstairs or downstairs neighbors
- no home owners association (the very best thing)
- no one complaining if my music is up to loud (I’m old so this doesn’t happen often) ha
- ample parking
The yard work however is never ending. Yesterday after putting in a full day at the office, I came home to a truckload bark in bags. They are of course on sale this week so my husband thought it was a great idea to pick up as many as his truck would hold.
I am now the official “bark spreader”, (yep my title).
Those bags aren’t going to unload themselves and need to be carried to the back of the house for distribution in the new flower beds.
- 18 bags later and today my elbows are sore
- I have never heard of sore elbows, is that real?
The photos show my progress.
It has been a LONG 4 months to get the new master bath finished but it is finally a wrap. I love all of it and getting to pick colors and accessories. I want to complain about the builder but have decided that I am grateful for this beautiful room so will focus on how fantastic it is to have a space that feels like a spa. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. The dresser I refinished myself and added super girly bling drawer pulls.
I must say I never thought I would be impacted by addiction but it has smacked me in the face full on. My oldest son who has always been the strong athlete is sitting in rehab getting well. As a college athlete he was given every opioid available to keep him on the field and now he is repairing the damage. I am thankful he is alive and the man he is meant to be has emerged. He has gained 60 lbs of muscle and is not only physically but mentally healthy it is truly amazing. I never knew how horrible the addiction was but am grateful my son has found his purpose. We never understand the struggle or circumstances until god reveals them and he is on his way to a great great great future
Tuesday with Morrie
In the search for continual learning I read a lot of books. My most recent read is Tuesday’s with Morrie and I cried like a baby. What a beautiful story and the life lessons are invaluable.
If we equate these lessons to today’s events whether you agree or not with the kneeling during the national anthem, kolin kaepernick is living the “just because society says so doesn’t make it right” example. I’m sad to see that people don’t understand it’s not the action but the demonstration that all people matter and are connected.
Ending thoughts for 2015
* how can anyone believe anything that comes out of Any polticians mouth?
* you all have to admit Michelle Obama is the coolest First Lady the White House has ever seen, if I had to see one more bad old lady dress I might have been sick.
* If you have tons of money can you say anything and everything even if it is a complete lie? yep pretty much
* am I crazy or does a glass of wine at the end of the day make it all better, ha
* why doesn’t money grow on trees? And why didn’t I win the Dave Ramsey Xmas giveaway, just one day is all I’m asking for
* as a mom can you ever just stop trying to take care of everyone, especially your kids, ugh answer, NO
* whoever invented the bathtub deserves an award
* Somene else’s situation is always worse than yours stop whining and be grateful
* we have a rescue puppy that we call special Peanut, letting her sleep with you once a month in the bed will not cause anyone to die
* what other people do is not your business, stop being nosy and worry about yourself
* I truly believe my job should be hosting cocktail parties with my friends while dressed cute and posted weekly for the world to enjoy, Kyloe has nothing on this girl and her friends, all 3 of them ha
Let’s talk turkey
Every year we have Thanksgiving at our house for two reasons first our kids won’t go anywhere else to eat because they say the food is nasty and we have no friends. You think I’m kidding but I’m not. My husband and I have been together almost 30 years and I can count our friends on one hand. We simply don’t feel we need a bunch and we like each other with no drama..
So the big question this year is to brine or not to brine? We watched all kinds of shows that say brine but the ingredient list makes me tired just looking at it so we have decided to brine but with our own recipe of Apple cider, broth, garlic, Rosemary, and sage. We got a brine bag that we dumped half the liquid on the kitchen floor (funny) but we finally got the bird in and sealed. I also for the first time prepared the Mac and cheese and potatoes in advance, yep pioneer woman gave me this idea and it makes perfect sense to precook and add liquids on the day of. The chew also told me to soak cheese cloth in butter and cover the turkey so no basting, yeah Now I am only in charge of cocktail hour how sweet is that. I truly enjoy my life and if the brine is a complete fail I’ll let you know.
I hope everyone who is reading this has someone special to share your day with. Happy thanksgiving