I felt some kinda way today when I saw a woman I know post a video of her beautiful home with a view. So let me break it down for real. I have worked since I was 13, put myself through college while taking my 2 sons with me to night classes. I have accomplished so much, owned 3 homes and truly am so proud of being able to say I don’t need a man. I love my husband of 30 years but certainly would be a ok without him. This woman since i have met her has looked for ONLY men with money who could take care of her so she could just be cute with no job. And there have been lots. My question is how can you be proud when nothing you have belongs to you? Maybe I’m different but if I drive a Hyundai I paid for it is better than a benz that dude can yank at anytime.
This year thus far has been very interesting; we have had 2 hit and run totaled vehicles.
- First question, would you hit someone and not stop, what if they are injured, could you live with yourself not knowing?
- Second if you leave and are found that is a criminal offense, do you want to go to jail or worse be charged with multiple felonies.
- Or is it that these people are already criminals and they simply don’t care?
Due to the hit and run drivers we then are forced to car shop and I think I have expressed previously just how much I loathe car salesmen, and I say men because that is the majority who work in the industry.
- Is there a reason I am treated like I am stupid and have never purchased a vehicle before because I am a female?
- Yes I know where the battery is, hello and a whole lot more since I have purchased well over 20 vehicles in my lifetime, yes again me NOT my husband, he refuses to go.
- When you say the car is discounted as far as it can be because that is what you have in it, I know this is a flat out lie because you bought it at auction and have marked it up to the retail price, yes I know this too.
Story: Just purchased a replacement vehicle from Kia of Portland. Let me give you their name so you will know who NOT to deal with. My son and I were told that the used vehicle we were interested in was the best possible price. We purchased the car and drove it off the lot.
- The next day I get an alert that the car price has been reduced on the website by $1000. Really?
- Being the follow up person I am, I immediately sent the dealer and email and ask for my $1000 back, that seems fair right?
- They knew the vehicle was sold but reduced it to attract customers on their website, is this not dishonest? Yes same vin number and vehicle photos..
Last let’s talk the federal budget. I see that the reductions are all coming out of the programs that impact the middle class, elderly, and below poverty level population.
- How is it that the rich will receive even more tax breaks and the people who really need the help are being penalized?
- The dishonesty of this particular administration thus far is mind boggling.
- If I made over 5 hundred thousand dollars a year I would be throwing money at programs to benefit those less fortunate and be happy to pay more taxes, come on what has happened to helping your fellow citizen?
- So the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, do we want another depression in this country?
- Where has common sense gone?
I love to decorate but anyone who knows me is aware I am frugal Fran or cheap, call it what you like. So now that the holidays have arrived I wanted some festive items but didn’t want to spend but a little. Here it is, dollar store stockings, shiny trees, and Garland. Lights 1.98 lowes, huge christmas bulbs and containers goodwill for 99 cents.The tree yep i ventured out on thanksgiving and got it fo $39 plus 30% off. yes it can be cute and inexpensive. oh and I painted the cabinets with paint in the garage , free…..I should be a money saving guru
Ok I’m old and it has been 26 years since I got married in a 30 dollar dress from Macys. Today I an watching say yes to the dress on tlc and these brides take all their moms, friends, critics, etc. And they are spending thousands on a dress. The friends always have an opinion and don’t like what the bride picks, really? If you are getting married everyone elses opinion does not matter, pick the dress you love even if you look a hot mess.
I can tell you from experience the price of the dress has nothing to do with the marriage lasting, clearly by the divorce rate in the US. I love that you want to look beautiful on the big day but that 5 grand could be the down payment on a house or payoff a credit card or car loan making marriage a whole lot easier.
I know way to practical but real people have bills and the struggle for most of us is real. Stop letting your friends dictate your choices as most of them probably wont be around in 10 years anyway, real talk..