It’s been awhile but we got our house in Vancouver Washington and are all moved in. I truly believe everything happens for a reason and getting 20 day notice pushed us to buy which has been great, this house is quiet, not on a busy street, plenty of room for our 4 leg kids and yep our house also sold in Idaho. We close June 12th so no more renters for us yeah. On another note, let me just say I will never lift another bed or dresser, EVER. There is a reason you hire movers and I now get it.
Other random things,
1. portland is cleaning up the homeless camps on the waterfront and the people who live there are mad, really? Do they feel it is a right to throw trash, go to the bathroom anywhere they please and have the city clean up needles to keep people from getting infected with God knows what. If I want to walk or ride in this area should I be forced to wonder what I will encounter, here’s an idea how about you get a job and work like the rest of us. There are always exceptions and I know some people don’t choose homelessness, it could of been me last month but the people they interviewed on tv certainly were ridiculous.
2. Where did all the real men go in this country? I had a lady buy a sofa the other day from us and she said her husband said he was too busy to help her load it, WTH. Is he not gonna sit on it when you get home? I would of gave him some feedback he may not of liked, ha
3. If you stand on the corner with a sign you should probably not be smoking cigarettes at 7 bucks a pack! I’m just saying
4. Everyone who drives an old police car look like they should be in jail
5. Do you still mow the lawn when it’s been raining for 3 days?
6. Why every time you get a cute pedicure you do something dumb like drop a rock on your toe and in a few weeks you’ll have no nail, not cute and summer sandal season
When we relocated to Portland we leased a townhouse that we thought we would live in until we were ready to buy, ha surprise. We were told this week we had 20 days to find a new place to live, yes you heard me 20 days now how in the hell are you supposed to do that? The lady who owns the town house wants to sell it, ok it’s not sold yet as a matter a fact it’s not even listed. Then she wants the realtor to come in and take photos with our stuff staged in the house, really. Let’s talk move in costs, if we want to rent again we have to come up with deposit, first, last and pet deposit, in 20 days. I think we might be living under the bridge in a tent. In all seriousness what if we didn’t have somewhere to go? Thank god we have friends who we can stay with temporarily but other people may not be so lucky which makes me mad that this lady is so unfeeling she doesn’t give a rip.
So me being the strong willed woman I am, I called a mortgage guy submitted my paperwork the same day and got a preapproval letter to buy. We went looking this weekend and made a offer on a house. The market is certainly a sellers market but we should know tomorrow if our offer was accepted..
Our house we own in Idaho is leased but we are putting it on the market this month also. The realtor calls me and says you may want to wait to list it because every room in the house looks like a toy store with crap everywhere. I flat out told her you tell the renters they need to pick one of the four bedrooms and make it the frickin toy room. When did people become so stupid? I’m just sayin
I cannot believe that it is almost Christmas and for the first time in 20 years we are not in Idaho and my mom and dad won’t be at my house for dinner. It has certainly been a year of huge changes which you know if you follow my blog. My oldest is getting ready to start a new job that will actually allow him to live and pay his bills, my youngest is home for break from college and turns 21 this month wow do I feel old☺️. The job has worked out fantastic and they are trying to convert me from a contractor to a permanent employee. That would be a major relief because of the whole insurance considerations and being able to begin looking for areas we might be interested in buying next year. We did lease our house out for a year so that is great but will mean I need to take a trip back next year and see the condition of the house once we are ready to list the house again. Let’s hope these people aren’t hoarders, ha. This year Xmas will be quiet with stockings, new Jammie’s, but no wrapped gifts. The best thing about Xmas are the smells, songs and being with family I am truly grateful. I can hardly wait to see what the new year brings..
I have spent the last few days looking at various places to live and since I have lived in the house I own for over 20 years this is craziness to me. Today I saw a townhouse that has a garage yeah, and a super small pad of grass that my dogs will love. This is also one of the only places I would consider living in, yuck no I will not live in filth or in a place that I might get jacked getting out of my car, really…. My question is how are your dogs supposed to stay inside all day and not pee? I can’t go an hour so how would I expect my cutey dogs to do this nope not happening.. I guess I passed the background, credit, dog test.. So here it is, my new home for a while..
I have always believed that what you put out in the universe happens and I now feel stronger than ever that this is true. The day that I sold the first item out of our house and we decided to put it on the market, I began recieving phone calls and emails about jobs in Portland. Friday I accepted a new position and will be moving on August 16th. It has all happened so fast and is so very exciting. The only thing I will miss in Idaho is my Mom for sure and my dad but it’s a 45 minute flight to come visit. Let’s hope this house sells quickly and we truly will be totally free from debt. Let the fun begin