let’s just be honest as we age our eye brows become sparse or for me pretty much non existent. I decided to go visit my bff’s brow lady this week, here is day 1. They are beautiful but dark, just the first step to the end goal. My husband said Burt from Sesame Street ha. I will post weekly progress but I’m juiced to see the final results.
My husband came home a few days ago and said he had read an article about the Pescetarian diet. The first thing I said is what the hell and is this some made up shit? He suggested we should try it. I had never heard of this so of course I had to go research.
Pesce, the Italian word for fish, is associated with people who add aquatic animals to a vegetarian diet. Pescetarians (sometimes called pesco-vegetarians) eat freshwater and saltwater fish and shellfish in addition to the fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes, eggs, and dairy vegetarians typically consume.
Presumed health benefits:
There’s evidence that a dietary pattern like this favorably impacts chronic disease, a lower mortality rate among pescetarians, in addition to lower levels of blood cholesterol and blood pressure, as well as [decreased] risk of diabetes, blood pressure, and metabolic syndrome. The benefits are similar to Mediterranean diet, vegetarianism, and the benefits of eating fish.
I have toyed with eliminating meat from our diet for years due to the fact I love animals, pork and beef have not been in our house for years but I have struggled with giving up chicken and I love fish. I am concerned about how to get enough protein.
- I love to cook but the vegetarian recipes I have tried thus far are less than wonderful
- If I could find a cook book that included Vegi and grain meals packed with flavor I would be on board, any suggestions?
- I am a texture person so would need to figure out what to incorporate to not feel deprived or miss the little meat I do consume.
I am off to the library (I love the library) what’s better than free reading (yes I’m frugal too) to find some cook books to give this whole Pesce thing a try. Stay tuned, I will post those items that are great and certainly tell you about the horrible things too.
I must say I never thought I would be impacted by addiction but it has smacked me in the face full on. My oldest son who has always been the strong athlete is sitting in rehab getting well. As a college athlete he was given every opioid available to keep him on the field and now he is repairing the damage. I am thankful he is alive and the man he is meant to be has emerged. He has gained 60 lbs of muscle and is not only physically but mentally healthy it is truly amazing. I never knew how horrible the addiction was but am grateful my son has found his purpose. We never understand the struggle or circumstances until god reveals them and he is on his way to a great great great future
* you all have to admit Michelle Obama is the coolest First Lady the White House has ever seen, if I had to see one more bad old lady dress I might have been sick.
* If you have tons of money can you say anything and everything even if it is a complete lie? yep pretty much
* am I crazy or does a glass of wine at the end of the day make it all better, ha
* why doesn’t money grow on trees? And why didn’t I win the Dave Ramsey Xmas giveaway, just one day is all I’m asking for
* as a mom can you ever just stop trying to take care of everyone, especially your kids, ugh answer, NO
* whoever invented the bathtub deserves an award
* Somene else’s situation is always worse than yours stop whining and be grateful
* we have a rescue puppy that we call special Peanut, letting her sleep with you once a month in the bed will not cause anyone to die
* what other people do is not your business, stop being nosy and worry about yourself
* I truly believe my job should be hosting cocktail parties with my friends while dressed cute and posted weekly for the world to enjoy, Kyloe has nothing on this girl and her friends, all 3 of them ha
When we relocated to Portland we leased a townhouse that we thought we would live in until we were ready to buy, ha surprise. We were told this week we had 20 days to find a new place to live, yes you heard me 20 days now how in the hell are you supposed to do that? The lady who owns the town house wants to sell it, ok it’s not sold yet as a matter a fact it’s not even listed. Then she wants the realtor to come in and take photos with our stuff staged in the house, really. Let’s talk move in costs, if we want to rent again we have to come up with deposit, first, last and pet deposit, in 20 days. I think we might be living under the bridge in a tent. In all seriousness what if we didn’t have somewhere to go? Thank god we have friends who we can stay with temporarily but other people may not be so lucky which makes me mad that this lady is so unfeeling she doesn’t give a rip.
So me being the strong willed woman I am, I called a mortgage guy submitted my paperwork the same day and got a preapproval letter to buy. We went looking this weekend and made a offer on a house. The market is certainly a sellers market but we should know tomorrow if our offer was accepted..
Our house we own in Idaho is leased but we are putting it on the market this month also. The realtor calls me and says you may want to wait to list it because every room in the house looks like a toy store with crap everywhere. I flat out told her you tell the renters they need to pick one of the four bedrooms and make it the frickin toy room. When did people become so stupid? I’m just sayin
1. No one looks good in pants with the crotch that hangs to their knees, they might be popular but not cute, really
2. Whoever the judges are that pick the winners of the golden globes should be fired, boyhood was the slowest most boring film I have ever seen
3. If you are standing on a corner begging for money you probably shouldn’t be able to afford cigarettes at 6 bucks a pack, I’m just saying
4. If you can’t see over the steering wheel of the car you probably should not be driving, or atleast get a phone book to sit on for gods sake, ha
5. How if it rains everyday can someone say oh you haven’t seen rain yet
6. If you have never tried a Harvey Wallbanger you should it will change your life, the old folks got this one right
7. I would like to know who came up with the abbreviation POTUS which refers to the president of the United States. This sounds like an animal name not one for the leader of a country. All it takes is a space to completely change the meaning POT US, those secret service guys are tricky don’t you think.
8. If you can’t put away your basket at the store you should not be allowed to shop. I don’t care if it’s cold, raining, your toe is sore, pants are tight, whatever stop being lazy and walk 10 feet.
9. Portland airport is replacing the carpet and this is big news why? People are taking selfies with some nasty green carpet, yuck if you know what has been on that carpet you would not want to walk on it more a less put it close to your face.
10. Every person should have a pedicure once a month, men, women, kids, it is great for your circulation, helps prevent ingrown toes nails and as a bonus you get soft beautiful feet.