My oldest child is a Uber driver and has met some fantastic and fascinating people. Last night was one of his more interesting experiences. He went to pick up a rider and she refused to get in the car because he was black. Ok the problem with this is so was she, wtf? Has she lost her damn mind? It is already hard for young brown men to deal with stigma from other races but this is over the top. Little did this woman know my son has his bachelor’s degree, is buying a house at 25, and was a decorated college athlete.
As he was telling me this my first reaction was for him to say well you can ride with my 50% white gene if you don’t like the black ones but instead I reiterated to him that ignorant people come in all shapes and colors.
In 2017 it amazes me we still deal with such stupidity but the one bright spot is she walked her ass in the pouring rain to wherever she was headed while my son was warm and dry in his brand new car….
1. No one looks good in pants with the crotch that hangs to their knees, they might be popular but not cute, really
2. Whoever the judges are that pick the winners of the golden globes should be fired, boyhood was the slowest most boring film I have ever seen
3. If you are standing on a corner begging for money you probably shouldn’t be able to afford cigarettes at 6 bucks a pack, I’m just saying
4. If you can’t see over the steering wheel of the car you probably should not be driving, or atleast get a phone book to sit on for gods sake, ha
5. How if it rains everyday can someone say oh you haven’t seen rain yet
6. If you have never tried a Harvey Wallbanger you should it will change your life, the old folks got this one right
7. I would like to know who came up with the abbreviation POTUS which refers to the president of the United States. This sounds like an animal name not one for the leader of a country. All it takes is a space to completely change the meaning POT US, those secret service guys are tricky don’t you think.
8. If you can’t put away your basket at the store you should not be allowed to shop. I don’t care if it’s cold, raining, your toe is sore, pants are tight, whatever stop being lazy and walk 10 feet.
9. Portland airport is replacing the carpet and this is big news why? People are taking selfies with some nasty green carpet, yuck if you know what has been on that carpet you would not want to walk on it more a less put it close to your face.
10. Every person should have a pedicure once a month, men, women, kids, it is great for your circulation, helps prevent ingrown toes nails and as a bonus you get soft beautiful feet.