let’s just be honest as we age our eye brows become sparse or for me pretty much non existent. I decided to go visit my bff’s brow lady this week, here is day 1. They are beautiful but dark, just the first step to the end goal. My husband said Burt from Sesame Street ha. I will post weekly progress but I’m juiced to see the final results.
Ok today was brow touch up, so beautiful
They are always DARK on day 1 but final will be Fantastic
The past week I decided that I was not drinking nearly enough water. I figured that your water intake should be comparable to your wine intake, ha so I picked up this super cute new water bottle that is 24 ounces and determined it was good to drink 5 of these per day.
I have done a good job of taking the bottle everywhere I go but man the first week I spent more time in the restroom than I did at my desk. Maybe that was just my perception but good lord how many times can one person pee in a day, A LOT I tell you.
The health benefits of drinking water are also a motivator:
- Clears toxins- good bye wine
- Skin care- maintains turgidity
- Relieves constipation- not my issue
- Reduces hangover symptoms- again good bye wine
- Weight loss- um no I’ve gained 3 lbs, really???
- Improves brain function- my old brain needs this
- Regulates body temperature- I am the coldest woman in America so let’s hope this is true
I am back in the gym too, this should help eliminate the 3 lbs. of water hopefully but right now I feel like the attached photo. I am hoping that Jesus will come turn my water to wine soon.
I am that person who loves to vacuum ( I know it’s a sickness). I also cannot stand a cluttered garage, my car must be inside.
The second bay of the garage is too small for my husbands truck and is the temporary spot for a fridge and freezer until the kitchen remodel is done.
Well for some reason the extra space became the dumping spot for everything, ugh no I get anxiety just opening the garage. Today was garage cleaning day. Who spends their day off cleaning, this girl yep.
- Started at 9 am
- Finished at 2 pm
I can sleep well tonight
First let me state how grateful I am to be a home owner.
- I love the fact that I have a large space to keep me busy and that I can close the door and have no one bother me
- no upstairs or downstairs neighbors
- no home owners association (the very best thing)
- no one complaining if my music is up to loud (I’m old so this doesn’t happen often) ha
- ample parking
The yard work however is never ending. Yesterday after putting in a full day at the office, I came home to a truckload bark in bags. They are of course on sale this week so my husband thought it was a great idea to pick up as many as his truck would hold.
I am now the official “bark spreader”, (yep my title).
Those bags aren’t going to unload themselves and need to be carried to the back of the house for distribution in the new flower beds.
- 18 bags later and today my elbows are sore
- I have never heard of sore elbows, is that real?
The photos show my progress.
When we purchased our new/old house there was this large random plant that was tall, spikey and in a super dumb place.
- I assume the people who we bought the house from got this thing when it was small and thought “oh how cute” we will plant this in the driveway as decoration.
- Not knowing that the thing would triple in size and be a complete pain in my ass.
- I could not even walk toward this plant without it cutting me.
- I decided that I would dig that sucker out since I hated it so much.
- Yeah right, I dug on this plant for weeks (broke a shovel) and could not get the root to budge
- I kicked it
- sprayed it with poison, and nothing
This plant refused to die.
Well this week I am proud to report I won the battle. We had a tree trimmer come out to take out a dead tree and I ask him if he would take a chain saw to it. He said no but I will dig it out. 30 minutes later (and a whole lotta cussing) he had the root out.
What the heck kind of plant has a root like this you ask, it’s a Yucca plant. What?
- You mean the plant I hated is the same plant that is used to make yucca fries, which are delicious and that I love.
- The root as you can see is massive
- Now I’m really mad because I can’t even eat that stupid thing for dinner because I previously sprayed it with poison
Who really won, I’m thinking it’s not me, ha
I am not a regular consumer of news or just about anything published by the large main stream media companies. I have however seen some coverage the past few weeks about the overdose of Demi Lovato and I have to say I’m angry at the stupidness (probably not a real word)
First let me say that I am hopeful that this young lady will recover and get the help that she needs to get and stay sober. As you all know if you follow me, I have a child in recovery. What infuriates me is the fact that there are millions and I mean millions of people addicted to some type of substance in this country but it is not important or news worthy until it impacts a celebrity.
I wonder if the media actually did some journalistic research and continued to run the facts about addiction as a regular reoccurring conversation if perhaps society might learn something.
- Misuse of prescription opioids is increasingly recognized as one of the nation’s most significant public health problems because it can lead to physical and mental impairment and even death (NIDA Research Reports, 2005; Simoni-Wastila and Strickler, 2004; Zacny et al., 2003; Denisco et al., 2008; Compton and Volkow, 2006; Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2009; Okie, 2010).
- Though there is no standard definition of misuse, common definitions range from “taking a medication in a manner other than prescribed or for a different condition than that for which it was prescribed,” to “intentional self-administration for non-medical purposes, such as getting high” (Compton and Volkow, 2006; Denisco et al., 2008).
- Data from the U.S. National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) indicate that 12.7% of the general population aged 26 and older report lifetime misuse of prescription pain relievers and that 1.6% report past 30 day misuse, with higher rates among some subgroups (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2009).
It saddens me that the media continues to state how Demi is going through withdrawals and that she is still being treated for whatever her symptom is that day.
- Fact, when you use drugs and then stop (forced or otherwise) you go through withdrawal, duh.
- If you are given Nar can, you go into withdrawal shortly after.
So my plight is to leave this girl alone and let her get healthy and switch the focus to publicizing the problem in this country with drug addiction instead of a person.
Why if you have 3 packs of the same type of seasoning are all of them open and half used?
Why is it that no matter where you work there is always one person who likes drama or whiney?
Why do people say things and not follow through, if I say I will be over at 9 be sure I’m on your doorstep at 850?
Why are people so concerned with things that are none of their business? Stop being nosy
Why is it as you age your vision changes, I now have to take my glasses off to read up close, since when does it improve, so dumb
Why when you are young does 50 years old seem ancient? Here i come….
Why would anyone want to jump off a bridge with nothing but a large rubber band on their feet (bungee)
Why do people have to stop traffic trying to look at an accident drive people drive your not crashed
1. Why after 7 people have been attacked in the water by sharks in North Carolina would you be dumb enough to swim in that water, HELLO do you still not get it, sharks are in the water and they think you are a big sea lion
2. Is it really necessary to post every detail of your life on social media and ask stupid random questions just to get a response?
a. believe me no one cares where you are having dinner
b. I don’t give a rip about your random questions
c. stop fishing for compliments: oh you’re so beautiful, if he loves you he will step up, you should be more than friends, SHUT UP ALREADY we are adults (well sometimes)
3. Pot was just legalized in Oregon this week and is also legal in Washington State and Colorado. Here are some random thoughts and questions
a. Will crime now decrease because we will now have a whole gang of chill, relaxed folks?
b. Will fast food and grocery store profits increase because of increased munchies?
c. Does anyone really believe that now that weed is legal a whole bunch of people will run out and start smoking?
i. News flash I didn’t smoke before and I’m not gonna start now, duh…
d. Why in the hell did people in Oregon feel the need to gather on a bridge to celebrate?
e. Why does the news team covering the story ALWAYS interview the most nonintellectual dude in the group as a representation of all weed smokers?
i. interview the smart guy- not the one with no teeth wearing a tie dye skirt, good lord
f. If the government was smart they would see the trend and legalize it at the fed level, tax the hell out of it like they do cigarettes and get rid of our deficit, maybe I should run for office, ha
4. So its a few days before the 4th of July and I have to wonder how people who can’t afford food for their kids can afford to buy thousands of dollars in illegal fireworks. Jimmy has on shoes with holes in them but that mortar you set off sure was great.
a. It’s 100 degrees outside and the grass looks like hay in all areas so why would you set off fireworks and take the chance of setting EVERYTHING fire, including homes, this to me is ridiculous
b. Why is it necessary to set off mortars for 3 days after the 4th of July? Are you truly celebrating freedom? Do you even know what you are celebrating, just asking as my hunch is probably not.
c. I wonder if those people who set off the fireworks that sound like bombs have any idea what the impact is for the animals around them. I imagine they don’t care but for me it’s important to consider how scared most animals are (mine included) and do everything I can to not contribute to their trauma.
d. If I had my way, which means nothing, the only fireworks allowed would be snakes, smoke bombs and those little tanks and chickens that scoot on the ground, ha don’t have to worry about those getting away from you
5. Glamping fun- there is a place right outside of Dayton Oregon that we went to over the 4th this year where you can rent the funnest (I know not a word) vintage trailers that have been completely remodeled. It for sure could give me the I need a trailer bug but then I remember everything that comes along with owning a RV and all the costs for maintenance so if you all ever get the chance go visit The Vintages, so relaxing…. And everyone in a camp ground are always so friendly. This trip we were walking and saw some people from Idaho that our sons used to play with their kids when they were little, what are the chances..
6. Uber- my husband said he could never be an uber driver because he wouldn’t want anyone farting in his seats, ha I am still laughing
7. Is it strange that my favorite color is brown? I just painted an accent wall in our bedroom and what color, yep brown gotta luv it
1. No one looks good in pants with the crotch that hangs to their knees, they might be popular but not cute, really
2. Whoever the judges are that pick the winners of the golden globes should be fired, boyhood was the slowest most boring film I have ever seen
3. If you are standing on a corner begging for money you probably shouldn’t be able to afford cigarettes at 6 bucks a pack, I’m just saying
4. If you can’t see over the steering wheel of the car you probably should not be driving, or atleast get a phone book to sit on for gods sake, ha
5. How if it rains everyday can someone say oh you haven’t seen rain yet
6. If you have never tried a Harvey Wallbanger you should it will change your life, the old folks got this one right
7. I would like to know who came up with the abbreviation POTUS which refers to the president of the United States. This sounds like an animal name not one for the leader of a country. All it takes is a space to completely change the meaning POT US, those secret service guys are tricky don’t you think.
8. If you can’t put away your basket at the store you should not be allowed to shop. I don’t care if it’s cold, raining, your toe is sore, pants are tight, whatever stop being lazy and walk 10 feet.
9. Portland airport is replacing the carpet and this is big news why? People are taking selfies with some nasty green carpet, yuck if you know what has been on that carpet you would not want to walk on it more a less put it close to your face.
10. Every person should have a pedicure once a month, men, women, kids, it is great for your circulation, helps prevent ingrown toes nails and as a bonus you get soft beautiful feet.
On a daily basis I am amazed by the stupidity of some individuals. This week the idiot of the week award would have to go to those who thought they could steal these bright orange Tillamook VW buses and not get caught. Now what in the world would make you say to yourself, hey let’s go steal the brightest color vehicles we can find. Are you the dumbest people on the planet? Let me answer, YES
10 Random thoughts for the week:
1. Why is there always one car on the freeway going slow screwing up the rest of the flow of traffic?
2. Why does the slow car always drive in the fast lane?
3. Why do people always blame a president for the countries problems when the elected officials from each state are the one’s making the decisions?
4. Why isn’t the government forced to adhere to a written budget?
5. Why as we age do we turn into our mothers?
6. Why when construction is being done do they do 15 projects at the same time and not one street is left drivable?
7. Why do some people feel it is ok to wear sweats to work?
8. Why doesn’t everyone get a pedicure before wearing sandals? ugh
9. Why as we age does the hair on your chin increase?
10. Why are you exhausted after coming back from vacation?