I love color, print, and home improvement projects. I had previously tried to update these old closet doors and needless to say it wasn’t good. Last week while shopping at my very favorite store “goodwill” I found this fantastic animal print wallpaper for 6 bucks a roll. I bought both rolls and came home to get busy. It took me 2 full days of scoring and scraping to get the old ugly wall paper off but now the doors are FANTASTIC, no one can say I’m boring. My decorating style is certainly bold. I hope you like it.
What do you do when your spouse is out of town for work? Remodel.
- I have stated before how much I loathe the kitchen in our house.
- I am way to short to reach ANY of the cabinets and the pink tile floor in conjunction with the brown and white mosaic floor is not beautiful.
- My fashionista is screaming rip it out.
On Monday they are coming out, YES.
I have picked floors, cabinets, and sinks so let the demo begin. Photos are of the current kitchen, Don’t be jealous, I know it’s fancy
The remodel is moving along at record speed. Here we are over half way
Those mid century bar stools were the deal of the century, $30 for all 4, these are 200 stools , yes
It has been a LONG 4 months to get the new master bath finished but it is finally a wrap. I love all of it and getting to pick colors and accessories. I want to complain about the builder but have decided that I am grateful for this beautiful room so will focus on how fantastic it is to have a space that feels like a spa. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. The dresser I refinished myself and added super girly bling drawer pulls.
In preparation of my new master bath and closet remodel someday being completed, I decided to begin looking for the closet organizers and hanging apparatuses for clothes. I called a local home improvement store and they came out and measured and provided a quote of $5500.
- I just about passed out; I need to hang up my clothes but not on gold plated hangers, good lord.
- I then asked if we decided to move forward with the purchase how a customer would pay for this.
- The entire amount is due up front and could not be installed for 8 weeks. In addition, there was a $175 processing fee for paperwork. Ugh what?
Of course me being the bargain shopping queen (ok cheapskate), I took my measurements out to our local Ikea store.
- The little guy in the closet section helped me choose the closets and all the components, with delivery and installation it was less than $1500.
- Yep how’s that for saving four thousand dollars. I could have had the closet installed in 2 days, imagine that not 8 weeks.
The joy of saving so much money was fantastic but the pain with the installation was real.
- First the delivery and install company employees had no clue how to assemble the closet, ha imagine that.
- My window for them to install was 9 am to 6 pm, really could you narrow it down a little?
- I take the day off and you guessed it they showed up at 5:55 pm.
- The crew took everything out of the boxes and said oh there’s a damaged piece we will have to report and come back tomorrow.
- My question was can’t you assemble the sections that aren’t broken and install only to be met with a look of utter confusion.
- The next day the new item arrives with a completely different delivery person and installer who also had no clue also.
- 6 hours later and still not finished the new installer states well there are a bunch of missing pieces so I will need to come back. Ugh really.
At this point I turned into the cheapskate bulldog and immediately got online and filed a claim with the delivery company and insisted a manager call me back. I was refunded $600 of my money due to the fiasco and I installed the closet.
So the big question is was this a Deal or NO Deal?