Today I attended my CPR/first aid certification course. I arrived and a man with a keg beer belly and long white hair was in the back of the room, also a participant. I being friendly Fran spoke to this ass hat and asked him where he worked in our organization. He informed me he is a crew chief for one of our offender work crews. Ok I am passionate about rehabilitation and second chances so I engaged in a very brief conversation.
What the hell, this dude in 3 minutes asked how long I worked for our company. When I replied that I relocated from Idaho. The first thing out of his mouth was how could I move from such a beautiful state with such wonderful Trumpster conservatives. Ugh that’s exactly the reason I moved to get away from the bigots I watched treat non white and LGBTQ like shit my entire life.
It got worse, he refused to participate in the CPR portion of the course and sat for 4 hours doing absolutely nothing other than watching us. He stated he was only interested in the first aid portion of the course. What?
The point of this post is to demonstrate the quality of people we have working with men trying to rebuild their lives. I cannot imagine how he treats the work crew participants and know for certain in just 3 minutes it is horrible. We have to identify and stop allowing people like this man to have any power or influence with anyone coming out of the criminal justice system.
My oldest child is a Uber driver and has met some fantastic and fascinating people. Last night was one of his more interesting experiences. He went to pick up a rider and she refused to get in the car because he was black. Ok the problem with this is so was she, wtf? Has she lost her damn mind? It is already hard for young brown men to deal with stigma from other races but this is over the top. Little did this woman know my son has his bachelor’s degree, is buying a house at 25, and was a decorated college athlete.
As he was telling me this my first reaction was for him to say well you can ride with my 50% white gene if you don’t like the black ones but instead I reiterated to him that ignorant people come in all shapes and colors.
In 2017 it amazes me we still deal with such stupidity but the one bright spot is she walked her ass in the pouring rain to wherever she was headed while my son was warm and dry in his brand new car….
On a daily basis I am amazed by the stupidity of some individuals. This week the idiot of the week award would have to go to those who thought they could steal these bright orange Tillamook VW buses and not get caught. Now what in the world would make you say to yourself, hey let’s go steal the brightest color vehicles we can find. Are you the dumbest people on the planet? Let me answer, YES
10 Random thoughts for the week:
1. Why is there always one car on the freeway going slow screwing up the rest of the flow of traffic?
2. Why does the slow car always drive in the fast lane?
3. Why do people always blame a president for the countries problems when the elected officials from each state are the one’s making the decisions?
4. Why isn’t the government forced to adhere to a written budget?
5. Why as we age do we turn into our mothers?
6. Why when construction is being done do they do 15 projects at the same time and not one street is left drivable?
7. Why do some people feel it is ok to wear sweats to work?
8. Why doesn’t everyone get a pedicure before wearing sandals? ugh
9. Why as we age does the hair on your chin increase?
10. Why are you exhausted after coming back from vacation?