Ok so I was watching hip hop squares and they featured a product called schreddies that help minimize farts, I have never been so excited in my life.
Let’s just say it out loud I am the queen of farts. Let’s talk about it. I had an intestinal blockage at age 19, prior to babies and a husband. I had a grapefruit size growth that was removed, the doctor and nurses ask me 8000 times have you passed gas?
They told me how important it was to fart. Better out than in was our Motto. So for the last 40 years I have lived the truth that farting is healthy and required. Thankfully the man I love has a horrible sense of smell😂
I try to workout and stay in shape but didn’t realize just how important it is until this week. 25 years ago I had surgery on my intestine for a blockage. Since that time I pay close attention to what I eat and have not had any real issues until this week. My stomach starts to hurt so I take some pepto and lord help me, 10 hours later I’m admitted to the hospital and have a tube shoved down my throat. If you have never had a NG tube I do not wish this on anyone. This tube helps remove air or excess fluids out of the stomach and there is no eating or drinking so I also became a human pin cushion with IV’s and blood draws. A surgeon comes in and says we think we will need to do surgery if this doesn’t work. I of course was like nope not happening, pump in the fluids. Short story 4 days later I am home with no surgery and eating soft foods.
So let’s look at the positives:
- Had I not had been in shape and walk everyday I would not have been so lucky.
- I have never appreciated broth and a hot cup of coffee so much in my life.
- Pudding is now my favorite dessert, ha.
- I lost 6 pounds
- My skin looks great, all those fluids have me looking like I’m 21, well maybe not 21 but 40 atleast
- I am forced to drink ALOT of water which I should be doing anyway
- My portion size is small and I am eating with chopsticks to slow down
- I chew everything a million times before I swallow (also good)