The past week I decided that I was not drinking nearly enough water. I figured that your water intake should be comparable to your wine intake, ha so I picked up this super cute new water bottle that is 24 ounces and determined it was good to drink 5 of these per day.
I have done a good job of taking the bottle everywhere I go but man the first week I spent more time in the restroom than I did at my desk. Maybe that was just my perception but good lord how many times can one person pee in a day, A LOT I tell you.
The health benefits of drinking water are also a motivator:
- Clears toxins- good bye wine
- Skin care- maintains turgidity
- Relieves constipation- not my issue
- Reduces hangover symptoms- again good bye wine
- Weight loss- um no I’ve gained 3 lbs, really???
- Improves brain function- my old brain needs this
- Regulates body temperature- I am the coldest woman in America so let’s hope this is true
I am back in the gym too, this should help eliminate the 3 lbs. of water hopefully but right now I feel like the attached photo. I am hoping that Jesus will come turn my water to wine soon.
I try to workout and stay in shape but didn’t realize just how important it is until this week. 25 years ago I had surgery on my intestine for a blockage. Since that time I pay close attention to what I eat and have not had any real issues until this week. My stomach starts to hurt so I take some pepto and lord help me, 10 hours later I’m admitted to the hospital and have a tube shoved down my throat. If you have never had a NG tube I do not wish this on anyone. This tube helps remove air or excess fluids out of the stomach and there is no eating or drinking so I also became a human pin cushion with IV’s and blood draws. A surgeon comes in and says we think we will need to do surgery if this doesn’t work. I of course was like nope not happening, pump in the fluids. Short story 4 days later I am home with no surgery and eating soft foods.
So let’s look at the positives:
- Had I not had been in shape and walk everyday I would not have been so lucky.
- I have never appreciated broth and a hot cup of coffee so much in my life.
- Pudding is now my favorite dessert, ha.
- I lost 6 pounds
- My skin looks great, all those fluids have me looking like I’m 21, well maybe not 21 but 40 atleast
- I am forced to drink ALOT of water which I should be doing anyway
- My portion size is small and I am eating with chopsticks to slow down
- I chew everything a million times before I swallow (also good)
as you all know we moved from Idaho where starting in June the temp hits 100 everyday (which I luv) and this temp stays until at least the end of August, so now that we live in Portland Oregon I have laughed the entire week because Saturday it is supposed to hit 100 and they have heat warnings and it is the top story, really.. Drink some water, put on some shorts, wet yourself with the hose and enjoy the sun, it doesn’t show up often so take advantage of it.
Because we love the heat (well I luv it, my husband, not so much) our Saturday project is to lay a new 10×10 paver patio. We have this useless area that gets no sun and is a mud pit off our patio that needs to be made useable so let the grass digging, rock dumping, sand leveling, paver laying begin…… I already capped 6 sprinkler heads in this tiny space, yes I dug the heads up and capped them, there’s nothing like doing it yourself and saving TONS of money, no sprinkler guy required, this girl has got this.
Thank god for the help of my strong, young 21 year old son, he did most of the heavy lifting but here’s the finished product. Grateful as always and now it’s time for a beverage.