When we purchased our new/old house there was this large random plant that was tall, spikey and in a super dumb place.
- I assume the people who we bought the house from got this thing when it was small and thought “oh how cute” we will plant this in the driveway as decoration.
- Not knowing that the thing would triple in size and be a complete pain in my ass.
- I could not even walk toward this plant without it cutting me.
- I decided that I would dig that sucker out since I hated it so much.
- Yeah right, I dug on this plant for weeks (broke a shovel) and could not get the root to budge
- I kicked it
- sprayed it with poison, and nothing
This plant refused to die.
Well this week I am proud to report I won the battle. We had a tree trimmer come out to take out a dead tree and I ask him if he would take a chain saw to it. He said no but I will dig it out. 30 minutes later (and a whole lotta cussing) he had the root out.
What the heck kind of plant has a root like this you ask, it’s a Yucca plant. What?
- You mean the plant I hated is the same plant that is used to make yucca fries, which are delicious and that I love.
- The root as you can see is massive
- Now I’m really mad because I can’t even eat that stupid thing for dinner because I previously sprayed it with poison
Who really won, I’m thinking it’s not me, ha